Classroom Updates: September 11th – September 15th
- Mr. Murphy helped us setup our iPads in the Learning Commons.
- We read lots of books this week. Some of the books we read were: Jack’s Talent, Wemberly Worried, Chrysanthemum, Same, Same but Different, Only One You, and David Goes to School.
- We wrote letters to our parents for Back to School Night.
- We took our iReady reading assessment on computers.
- In math we are learning about shapes and their attributes.
- Mrs. Johnson had an assembly with grades K-2 about belonging at Fox Hill School.
- We started ST math with Jiji the penguin. We play ST on our iPads.
Classroom Updates: September 5th – September 8th
- We met all of our new classmates this week and we are learning about one another.
- We had our first music class, art class and p.e. class this week.
- We explored math tools like the snap cubes and pattern blocks.
- We had our first fun Friday. We read The Crayon Box That Talked and then we made a crayon project.
- We wrote about our hopes and dreams for first grade.
- We talked about our classroom and school rules. We have four classroom and school rules. They are: be kind, be safe, be respectful and be responsible.
- We read lots of books this week. Some of the books we read were: First Day Jitters, Miss Nelson is Missing, Miss Nelson is Back, One, How Full is Your Bucket, The Recess Queen, I Like Myself and This Will Be the Best School Year Ever.
- We had our first community circle with Mrs. Johnson to talk about how we can “be the one” in our school.